In 2015 we launched a number of new projects and enhanced existing projects to improve and develop energy transmission networks and raise operational efficiency. Among the most prominent of those projects :
Ultra High Voltage Projects (230 - 380) KV :
• Adding (21) transmission substations and (108) transformers, at a total capacity of (34,322) MVA.
• Adding new overhead and underground cable networks measuring about (3,602) km-circular.
• Enhancing transmission substation efficiency with (3) transformers, with a total capacity of (1,254) MVA.
High Voltage Projects (110 - 132) KV :
• Adding (36) new transmission substations and (99) transformers with a total capacity of (6,391) MVA.
• Adding new overhead and underground cable networks measuring about (1,788) km-circular.
• Enhancing existing transmission substations with (11) transformers, with a total capacity of (688) MVA.
• Replacement of (3) transformers with a total capacity of (152) MVA.
These projects reflect the growth in the power transmission grids by (9%) to reach (65,186) km-circular by the end of 2015 compared to 2014.
Transmission Network Lengths (110 KV - 380 KV)
The network spreads across all sectors of the Company and the Kingdom, where the relative distribution of power transmission networks comprises length ratios of (32.3%), (26.8%), (16.4%), (24.6%) for the Central, Eastern, Western, and Southern sectors respectively.
Relative Distribution of the Lengths of the Transmission Networks (110 KV - 380 KV) in 2012
The electricity networks have also been improved to include (57) transmission substations, bringing the total number of substations by the end of 2015 to (812). The increase in 2014 was (7.5%).
Number of Power Transmission Substations
The percentage of growth in the number of transformers reached (9%) in 2015, bringing the number of transformers to (2,528) compared to (2,307) transformers in 2014. The increased capacity transformers transfer energy to (273,715) MVA, with a growth rate of (18%) for 2015 compared to 2014‘s (230,908) MVA.
Number of Power Transmission Substation Transformers
Total Capacity of Power Transmission Substation Transformers