Consumer Initial Inquiry Service Application
- shall be a consumer of Saudi Electricity Company (SEC).
- has an exit point that meets the requirements of ECRA' Regulations and the Connection Conditions defined in the Distribution Code.
- shall own or be entitled by owner via a lease contract or similar agreement to build and operate or be in legal possession of the premises.
- shall pay an Application Fee
shall select certified solar PV components.
- shall select a certified solar PV Contractor/Consultant to carry out the design and installation works etc.
- shall submit a complete application on an Initial Enquiry Application Form.
- shall submit an evidence of material compliance with the Saudi or equivalent international standards (PV modules, inverters etc.); approved by SEC.
- should provide all necessary information and documents regarding the proposed geographical location.
- with capacities over 50 kW; to provide the detailed planning data listed in the Planning Code of the Distribution Code, to enable the SEC to carry out the required impact studies.
- shall be within the permissible rated capacity i.e. the maximum connected capacity of small-scale solar PV system to be installed at any eligible consumer's premises shall not exceed the connected load for the consumption account.
- shall be located in the premises of the eligible consumer
- shall not exceed a capacity of 2 MW in one premises
shall not exceed an aggregate capacity of 5 MW installed in different premises owned by the same eligible consumer in the area of supply at one Electricity Department.
- shall not be less than 1 kW
shall be connected to one exit point only in a single premises.
- shall submit a Design Approval Application Form along with comprehensive set of documents and information.
- shall pay solar PV Connection Fee
- shall sign solar PV Connection Agreement
submit an Inspection Application to the SEC
- to pay solar PV Inspection Fee
- to do commissioning tests by the certified contractor
After complete installation of solar PV system, eligible consumer to prepare a number of documents, including:
- Specification of major equipment
- Details of the protection arrangement and settings referred to in the Distribution Code.
- Copies of all Safety Rules and instructions applicable to the eligible consumer's equipment at the exit point.
- Electrical diagram of the eligible consumer's equipment at the exit point.
- Proposed maintenance program for a small-scale solar PV systems with capacity exceeding 100 kW.
- Commission test procedures for the exit point and the premises.
- Site test reports, clearance and readiness for energization of the proposed exit point and equipment.
- Any further information required by the SEC.
- A copy of the National Identity (ID) or Iqama & Passport for Non-Saudis.
- A letter of identification from the Employer.
- Authorization Letter (if the applicant is not the qualified consumer).
- Financial Receipt (these amounts related to the initial inquiry shall be refunded by deducting from the conduction charges for the Scale Solar Power Systems.
- Proof of the natural or the legal personality.
- The Single line Diagram for the small Scale Solar Power Systems.
- Manufacturer name & model number
- Serial number (if applicable)
- Nominal data (capacity) (kW / kVA) (voltage - current)
Solar Power Systems:
- The Design System Capacity (kW / kVA)
- Reporting on the systems equipment & its conformity with the standards & specifications of the Saudi Standards, Metrology & Quality Organization.
For the service request, click here