In line with the decision of the Council of Ministers, to supports local products, Saudi Electricity Company formed a special team for localization in 2014, as a result of concerted efforts and based on the national transformation program 2020 and to fulfill the ambitious goals of Kingdom Vision 2030, SEC Board of Directors approved to establish new department of localization in early 2017 to achieve short and medium-term end / desired results such as:
• Job creation.
• Technology transfer.
• Capacity enhancement.
• Increase local content
• Business Development
• Working together with all concerned parties to support local factories/industries
In order to achieve these goals, the Localization and Qualification Department supports investors and manufacturers who wish to work on the company's investment opportunities by:
• Identify and update investment opportunities booklet, which are characterized by demand and high consumption.
• Marketing these investment opportunities by participating in exhibitions, holding meetings and workshops, as well as presenting them in some internet websites related to the localization of industry in the Kingdom, such as the Armed Forces Exhibition (AFED) website and the Small and Medium Enterprises Authority (MONSHAAT) website.
• Receiving all queries of investors and manufacturers directly or indirectly through the email of Localization Department: Local_Content@se.com.sa
• Responding to all queries of investors and manufacturers from some government agencies concerned with the localization of industry in the Kingdom such as the Saudi Organization for Industrial Estates and Technology Zones (MODON) and the General Investment Authority (SAGIA).
• Introduced registration form and confidential information form to investors and manufacturers.
• Provide investors and manufacturers with historical information about the product to be localized, future demand and technical specifications.
• Coordinating technical meetings between investors and the concerned departments where all technical inquiries are answered.
• Providing investors with a support letter from SEC, that facilitates obtaining financing loans to establish the factory.
• In the case there is a foreign partner, the technical evaluation process is initiated through the concerned departments.
• The new factory is supported through coordination to be qualified with the relevant departments for distribution, transmission and generation business lines.