In line with the decision of the Council of Ministers, which supports locally made products, the Saudi Electricity Company in 2014 has formed a special team to oversee localization projects. As a result of the concerted efforts and based on the National Transformation Program 2020 and to fulfill the ambitious goals of the Kingdom's Vision 2030, SEC Board of Directors approved the establishment of a new localization department in early 2017 to achieve short and medium-term goals such as:
• Job creation
• Technology transfer
• Capacity enhancement
• Increase local content
• Business Development
• Working together with all concerned parties to support local factories/industries
In order to achieve these goals, the Localization and Qualification Department supports investors and manufacturers who wish to participate in the company's investment opportunities by:
• Identifying and updating investment opportunities listed in the investment opportunities booklet, which are characterized by demand and high consumption.
• Marketing these investment opportunities by participating in exhibitions, holding meetings and workshops, as well as presenting them in events related to the localization of industry in the Kingdom, such as the Armed Forces Exhibition (AFED) and the Small and Medium Enterprises General Authority (MONSHAAT).
• Receiving all queries from investors and manufacturers, directly or indirectly, through the email address of Localization and Qualification Department: Local_Content@se.com.sa
• Responding to all queries of investors and manufacturers from some government agencies concerned with the localization of industry in the Kingdom such as the Saudi authority for Industrial Cities and Technology Zones (MODON) and the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA).
• Sending registration forms and confidential information forms to investors and manufacturers.
• Providing investors and manufacturers with historical information about the product to be localized, future demand and technical specifications.
• Coordinating technical meetings between investors and the concerned departments where all technical inquiries get answered.
• Providing investors with SEC support letter that facilitates obtaining financing loans to establish factories.
• In case there is a foreign partner, the technical evaluation process is initiated through the concerned departments.
• The new factory is supported and qualified through coordination to be qualified with the relevant departments for distribution, transmission and generation business lines.