Connection time frame - New applicant
SEC will provide electric service to the customer within 30 days after payment the required fee, and that the customer has completed the required thermal insulation. SEC does not have any responsibility resulting from Delay in the service delivery for reasons related to customer or external parties.
Conditions for Entitlement to Compensation:
1. Failure of Saudi Electricity Company to provide electricity service within thirty(40) working days and that the service applicant has completed all the necessary requirements, i.e. in case the requested service is from low voltage grid.
2. Failure of Saudi Electricity Company to provide electricity service pursuant to the time period agreed upon between Saudi Electricity Company and the customer, i.e. in case the requested service is from medium voltage grid or above.
3. The claim for compensation shall be submitted within thirty (30) days after the lapse of the agreed time period within which to deliver.
If the applicant is entitled to compensation under residential category, Saudi Electricity Company shall pay compensation equivalent to SAR 200 and the applicant shall also be entitled to additional SAR 200 for every additional period above the set limit for provision of the service. In case the applicant is from non-residential category, applicant deserves compensation of SAR 400 and is also entitled to additional SAR 400 for every additional period above the set limit for provision of the service.
1. Failure of the customer to complete all the necessary requirements according to handbook on electric energy provision.
2. Whenever a service connection to low-voltage network requires an enhancement in the grid's set-up which in turn necessitates additional work other than connection of service, the required time period shall be adhered to.