Time of connection – Applicant ( new)
When an applicant applies, whether from residential or non residential sectors to connect electricity service from low voltage grid, after fulfilling all necessary requirements, this service should be provided within forty (40) working days. However, in case of connection applications that require work in medium or higher voltage grid, the period representing the minimum level of the guaranteed standard is that agreed upon between Saudi Electricity Company and applicant.
Conditions of Entitlement to Compensation:
1. Non fulfillment by Saudi Electricity Company of service provision within forty (40) working days while the subscriber has completed all the necessary requirements in case the requested service is from low voltage grid.
2. Non fulfillment by Saudi Electricity Company of service provision as per the agreed upon period by Saudi Electricity Company and subscriber in case the requested service is from medium or higher voltage grid.
3. The demand of compensation should be submitted within (30) days from submission of service application.
If the applicant is entitled to compensation under residential category, the Saudi Electricity Company will pay compensation at SAR 200, and it is also entitled to additional SAR 200 for every additional period above the set limit for provision of the service. In case the applicant is from non residential category, it deserves compensation of SAR 400, and it is also entitled to additional SAR 400 for every additional period above the set limit for provision of the service.
1. Non fulfillment by the subscriber of all the necessary requirements according to handbook of electric energy provision.
2. Whenever connection of service to low voltage grid requires support in settings of the grid which in turn necessitates additional work other than connection of service, it will be adhered to the period thus required.