This project is a joint venture Co-generation power project between SEC and SA at the new Fadhili gas plant located in the Eastern Province of the Kingdom. The project will be based on the build, own, operate and transfer system (B.O.O.T) and the agreement will be for a period of 20 years.
Percentage of ownership in this project are (60%) sharing between the Saudi Electricity Company and Saudi Aramco and (40%) of the project developer winner.
The project is located in the Eastern Providence of the Kingdom near Fadhli (FGP) and (30) kilometers south of AlKhurasaniah gas station, 50 km from Jubail.
Productive capacity of the cogeneration project:
• Total electricity produced about (1.300 to 1.600) MW.
• steam producer and exporter of gas to the Fadhli plant (FGP) quantity (3.1)MMPPH.
• Fuel is (Low BTU Gas) the estimated amount is approximately (475) MMSCFD (complete production AlKhurasaniah) field.
• Backup fuel is (Sales Gas) the estimated amount is approximately (300) MMSCF.
• Commercial operation of the project is expected in Feb. 2020.
Shoaiba Project (3) :
This project comes within the framework of the chain of projects to be implemented on the basis of "Build, Own, and Operate" (BOO) principle. Our share in it amounts to 8% while the private sector contributes to 60% and the Public Investment Fund contributes to 32% of the value of the project. We will undertake the implementation of the transmission lines to export electricity to the Western Region while SWCC will undertake construction of pipelines and pumping plants for the transportation of water. The project will serve and meet the water needs of the following cities: Makkah Al-Mukarama, Jeddah, Taif, and Baha; and will also support the electric grid of the Western Region.
Components of the Project :
Water Desalination Plant:
- Will produce 880,000 cubic meters (194
million gallons) daily.
- Operates with multi-phase flashing
- Is composed of 12 desalination units
- Produces 900 megawatts.
- Operates with light liquid fuel.
- Steam turbines of rear pressure type.
The capital cost of the
project is SR 9,375 million ($ 2,500 million) while the cost of its development
amounts to SR 9 billion. The local and international banks will finance 80% of
the total cost. Crude oil is used as
fuel in Shoaiba 3 Project. The international environmental conservation
standards are observed according to the requirements of the General Presidency
of Meteorology and Environment as well as the specifications set forth by the
World Bank and the other relevant principles.
Characteristics of the Project:
- It is considered as the largest dual
co-production project in the world in terms of financial funding which amounts
to SR 7,029 million ($ 1,875 million).
- The largest project of its type in the Gulf
- It has got a grace period of 20 years as
well as the maximum grace period for the Exports Funding Corporations in
Germany and Korea.
- It is compliant with the local and
international environmental requirements as well as those of the World Bank.
characteristics and features are the first of its kind in joint-venture
projects undertaken in partnership with the private sector confirm the success
of these projects and open the door for further investment projects in the